Garden District Grandeur
Beneath ancient live oaks and framed by lush gardens, the stately mansions of 19th century cotton kings and present-day movie stars have fascinating stories to tell. So do the raised tombs in New Orleans' most beautiful boneyard, Lafayette Cemetery No. 1.
- Group tours daily at 10, 11, and 12 noon
- Private tours to your schedule
- Meet: Still Perkin' Coffee House, 2727 Prytania Street at Washington Avenue
- Highlights: Architecture, history, Civil War, celebrity homes, and the tomb of the Vampire Lestat.
- $35 adults; $25 seniors, students, active military; kids under 12, free.